Le Quartier Francais
Franschhoek, South Africa
Le Quartier Francais is a restaurant and hotel in Franschhoek, South Africa, in which has 13 rooms, 8 suites and a cottage that overlook a landscaped garden with natural pool. The restaurant ranked 36th best restaurant in the world in Restaurant magazine's TOP 50 in 2011.
The Haweqwa Natural Reserve is just in front of Franschhoek. The Theewaterskloof Dam is less than 20 km away. Cape Town is 60 km away.
Map co-ordinates: -33.912770, 19.119756
The sophisticated suites and rooms feature the ultimate in luxury fittings, fabrics and finishes, complemented by artworks by local artists. There are 9 en-suite Auberge Rooms, 3 Grande Rooms, 3 Petite Garden Suties and two deluxe Auberge Suites with private pools, which open onto a rose-filled central courtyard and swimming pool. There are also 4 state-of-the-art suites, The Four Quarters, and 3-bedroom LQF villa.
- All bedrooms overlook the vineyards and valley, and are spread over the property
- Access to a 10-metre heated pool, complimentary use of bicycles
- Access to Leeu Spa at Leeu Estates
- Access to the TechnoGym- equipped gym at Le Quartier Francais
- Natural trails
- The bar and restaurants with sociable space with a wood-burning fireplace. Outside seating creates the perfect spot to over a drink and watch the activities on the main street
- The dining room encourages long, leisurely meals savoured with a fine South African vintage from the cellar; offering valley, vineyard and mountain views
At A Glimpse
The hotel offers a prime Franschhoek winelands valley location, stunning accommodation including villa and the delights of world-renowned cuisine. Being one of the best restaurants in the country, the Tasting Room Restaurant is a must for experiencing seasonal local ingredients.