• A gradual and breathtakingly beautiful climb to the roof of Africa – the highest free standing mountain in the world!
• Avoid the crowds and ascend through afromontane forest to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano
• Circumnavigate the main peak, Kibo, passing the spectacular giant steps and glacial valleys
• Leisurely route allowing for acclimatization
• Professional, experienced mountain guides with first-class safety objectives including the latest technology, training, tools, communication and support
• Other routes are available on request
Arusha: A quaint town on the Southern slopes of Mount Meru in the lush coffee growing highlands of Northern Tanzania, Arusha is known as the safari hub of Tanzania Northern safari circuit. The famous Northern Circuit includes the Serengeti National Park, Kilimanjaro National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Arusha National Park, Lake Manyara National Park and Tarangire National Park.
Mount Kilimanjaro: Set within the Kilimanjaro National Park, Kilimanjaro emerges from the sprawling plains of Tanzania and boasts dense tropical rain-forests, glacial ice fields, moorlands, and mystical moonscapes. Take on the colossal challenge of climbing this majestic mountain, explore the lush forested foothills, soak up the breathtaking views or take a wildlife safari and spot some of Africa’s diverse wildlife including: elephant, buffalo, leopard, duiker, eland, hyrax, blue monkeys and more.
Day 1 : Arusha
On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met by a Cheli & Peacock Safaris representative and transferred to Rivertrees Country Inn.
This afternoon your climb manager and head guide will carry out a full climb briefing and thorough kit check.
Spend the evening relaxing in preparation for your Mount Kilimanjaro climb.
Days 2 : Mount Kilimanjaro
Enjoy breakfast at Rivertrees Country Inn before your transfer to Machame gate (altitude 1,800 metres above sea level) to begin your climb.
Today's hike will be through afromontane forest with a picnic lunch en route to Machame camp (altitude 3,000 metres above sea level).
Days 3 : Mount Kilimanjaro
This morning the day begins with a relatively steep climb, gaining altitude rapidly before a picnic lunch on trail before arriving at Shira Camp (altitude 3,850 metres above sea level).
The climb today passes through the heath zone with beautiful helichrysum and lobelia plants as well as incredible views of lava tubes and glacial valleys.
Day 4 : Mount Kilimanjaro
Today is a walk high, sleep low day - perfect for acclimatisation. Ascending in to the alpine desert those that feel strong can hike to the Lava Tower (altitude 4,600 metres above sea level) before a picnic lunch en route and a descent to Barranco camp (altitude 3,910 metres above sea level).
Day 5 : Mount Kilimanjaro
Today you will ascend the Barranco wall and hike glacial valleys en route to Karanga camp (altitude 4,100 metres above sea level).
A short hiking day, you will arrive at Karanga camp in time for lunch with the option of an afternoon walk with sensational views of Kibo and deep glacial valleys.
Day 6 : Mount Kilimanjaro
Today is a half day hike, ascending to Barafu camp (altitude 4,600 metres above sea level) in time for lunch. Spend the afternoon relaxing before an early dinner and rest before the summit day.
Day 7 : Mount Kilimanjaro
Departing shortly before midnight, your summit bid is about patience and persistence - by dawn as the first rays of the sun begin to appear you will arrive at Stella Point (altitude 5,750 metres above sea level), the rim of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Continue a short distance to reach the roof of Africa - Uhuru peak at 5,895 metres above sea level.
Take in the breathtaking views before beginning your descent to Mweka camp (altitude 3,100 metres above sea level) for a restful nights sleep.
Day 8 : Arusha
Enjoy breakfast at Mweka camp before your final descent through montane forest arriving at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro at midday.
Bid farewell to your crew before your transfer to Rivertrees Country Inn.
Day 9 : Departure
Spend the morning at leisure before your transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport in time for your flight home.
• Pre & post climb accommodation at Rivertrees Country Inn on bed & breakfast basis
• Pre-trip briefing with climb manager and head guide
• Post trip debriefing with climb manager
• Trained Kilimanjaro guides (1: 2 ratio)
• Camp crew, cook & a great team of porters
• Airport transfers (Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airport to Lodge x 2)
• All relevant Park fees and rescue fees
• Emergency medical evacuation
• Supplemental oxygen & pulse oximeters
• All accommodation and meals during the climb
• Sleeping tent with mattress, mess tent, stools & toilet tent
• Drinks on the hike (potable water, tea, coffee & hot chocolate)
• Sleeping bags, pillow & 3-inch foam mats
• Guide Tips (recommended $300 per person)
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees
• Day room on the last day