• Experience the wilds of Southern Tanzania; the unspoilt, secluded wilderness of Ruaha and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Selous
• Explore Ruaha National Park, one of Africa’s premier birding destinations and home to the rarer, less-seen creatures including wild dog, sable and Roan antelope
• The Selous Game Reserve is renowned for its undisturbed wildlife and nature - a 50,000km2 reserve with no permanent human habitation or permanent structures
Ruaha National Park: Crocodiles and hippos thrive in the Great Ruaha River, which flows along the sanctuary’s eastern border and in the dry season between July and November, animals flock to the last remaining water sources, presenting an exceptional wildlife spectacle. There are a number of accommodation options available but some close for the wet season in March and April.
Selous Game Reserve: Covering a total of 50,000 square kilometres of southern Tanzania, the Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest reserves in the world. The incredible wildlife diversity and expanse of this area earned it UNESCO World Heritage prestige in 1982 as species such as African wild dog, lion, hippo, Cape buffalo and Masai giraffe can be found in higher numbers within the reserve than any other African game reserve or national park.
Day 1 : Ruaha National Park
On arrival at Julius Nyerere International Airport, you will be met by a Cheli & Peacock Safaris representative and transferred to the domestic terminal in time for your scheduled flight to Lake Msembe Airstrip.
On arrival at Msembe Airstrip, you will be met by your Kigelia Ruaha safari guide and transferred to Kigelia Ruaha with a game drive en route.
Days 2 - 3 : Ruaha National Park
Your safari guide will brief you on the itinerary for game drives and activities for your two full days in Ruaha National Park.
Renowned for it's big cats, vast herds of elephant, great & Lesser kudu, the wild and remote Ruaha National Park can be explored on day & night game drives and guided bush walks.
Day 4 : Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast in camp you will be transferred to Msembe Airstrip in time for your scheduled flight to Kiba Airstrip.
On arrival at Kiba Airstrip, you will be met by your Sand Rivers Selous safari guide and transferred to Sand Rivers Selous with a game drive en route.
Day 5 – 6 : Selous Game Reserve
Your safari guide will brief you on the itinerary for game drives and activities for your two full days in Selous Game Reserve.
Explore the wild Selous Game Reserve on day game drives, guided bush walks or take to the magnificent Rufiji-river on a boat trip or fishing excursion. For the adventurous, take a day trip to Steigler's Gorge, swim in the hot springs or spend a night as close to nature as possible, fly camping in the wild of the Selous.
Day 7 : Departure
Spend the morning enjoying breakfast overlooking the mile-wide Rufiji river before your transfer to Kiba Airstrip in time for your scheduled flight to Julius Nyerere Internatational Airport.
On arrival at Julius Nyerere International Airport, you will be met by a Cheli & Peacock Safaris representative and transferred to the international terminal in time for your flight home.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• Safari activities including game drives, guided bush walks, bush picnics & sundowners. Boat trips, hot springs visit, fishing & bush breakfasts (Sand River Selous)
• Scheduled flights & domestic flight departure tax
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Park and conservancy fees
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees