• Leave the car behind and experience the smells, sights and sounds of the Kenyan bush
• Explore the best of Laikipia and the Masai Mara
• A combination of walking and game driving, this itinerary allows the opportunity to experience Kenya’s renowned wildlife as well as to dig deeper into the African wilderness
Laikipia: Ranging from dry savannah and open woodlands to dramatic canyons and low forested valleys, the Laikipia plateau is made up of a collection of extensive community owned ranches, private farms and wildlife conservancies working in unison on some of Kenya’s most effective conservation projects.
Mara North: Situated in southwest Kenya, the Mara North Conservancy is a beautiful private wilderness area spanning more than 30 000 hectares. It is home to a spectacular array of plants, reptiles, birds and mammals; including elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah and large concentrations of wildebeest, zebra, gazelle and other migratory wildlife.
Day 1 : Laikipia
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met by a Cheli & Peacock Safaris representative along with your driver-guide and transferred to Wilson Airport in time for your scheduled flight to Nanyuki Airstrip.
On arrival at Nanyuki Airstrip, you will be met by your Karisia Walking Safaris safari guide and transferred to Karisia Walking Safaris.
Settle in to your luxury satellite camp and enjoy an afternoon walk before dinner in camp.
Days 2 - 3 : Laikipia
Your safari guide will brief you on the walking itinerary for each day based on the fitness levels and desires of the group. A typical day on a walking safari is as follows:
Rise early for breakfast in camp before setting off with the rising sun accompanied by a Laikipia Maasai tracker and camels carrying refreshments and day-packs. Walking for approximately 5 hours, you will arrive at your next camp in time for a gourmet lunch.
Spend the afternoon relaxing in camp before an evening walk and sundowners followed by dinner in camp.
Day 4 : Mara North Conservancy
Enjoy breakfast in camp before your transfer to Nanyuki Airstrip in time for your scheduled flight to Mara North Airstrip.
On arrival at Mara North Airstrip, you will be met by your Ngare Serian safari guide and transferred to Ngare Serian with a game drive en route.
Days 5 - 6 : Mara North Conservancy
Your safari guide will brief you on the itinerary for game drives and activities for your two full days on Mara North Conservancy.
Enjoy the exclusive safari experience of the Mara North Conservancy, leaving the safari vehicle behind and experiencing the sights and sounds of the Masai Mara on morning and afternoon guided bush walks.
Day 7 : Departure
Enjoy breakfast in camp before a final game drive en route to Mara North Airstrip for your scheduled flight to Wilson Airport.
On arrival at Wilson Airport, you will be met by a Cheli & Peacock Safaris driver-guide and transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in time for your flight home.
• Full board accommodation
• Walking safari with camels in Laikipia
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Visits to local manyattas while on the walking safari
• Full or half day guided walks at Ngare Serian
• Safari activities including game drives at Ngare Serian
• Laundry and all statutory charges
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle at Ngare Serian
• Scheduled flights & domestic flights departure tax
• Champagne, luxury spirits & wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees