The Lodge at Ashford Castle
Co. Mayo, Ireland
Sitting within the magnificent 350 acre estate of Ashford Castle, The Lodge at Ashford Castle, County Mayo, overlooks magical Lough Corrib. Originally built in 1865, it’s now part of the award winning Red Carnation Hotel Collection offering mellow country house hospitality, exuding classic refinement with modern appeal.
Situated on the outskirts of the charming village of Cong, The Lodge at Ashford Castle is the ideal destination for those seeking a cosy hideaway retreat which is still close to the heart of everything the region has to explore. Only 40 minutes’ drive from Galway and neighbouring Westport and Connemara, the hotel is superbly located for an adventure of exploration or an opportunity to simply sit back, relax and completely unwind.
Map co-ordinates: 53.534760|-9.274371
With enchanting views of Lough Corrib, The Lodge at Ashford Castle seamlessly combines handsome period features with sophisticated contemporary elements that continue to the modern courtyard wing housing 50 bedrooms, with a number of exceptionally elegant suites. The hotel bedrooms have rich deep pile carpets, super king beds with goose down duvets and pillows, bespoke furniture and the latest flat screen technology. Traditional sash windows not only add an extra dimension of character but also allow guests to breathe in the pure West of Ireland air, a refreshing start to any day.
- Set sail on the waters of Lough Corrib, a wonderful way to experience the magic of the Ashford Estate is to glide across the clear waters with one of their experienced guides.
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle provides a warm welcome to guests of all ages with fun activities for all the family including The Nintendo Wii Room, the Cinema Room and The Vault pool room.
- 26 Deluxe bedrooms, 12 Superior Deluxe Bedrooms, 12 Duplex suites, 8 Quay suites and 6 Lake view suites, each of which is individually designed, beautifully furnished, and equipped with the latest technology for your utmost comfort.
- Featured in the top 10 of the annual Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards for 2016.
- Plenty of outdoor activities to keep you entertained onsite such as zip-lining, tree climbing, clay Shooting & archery.
At A Glimpse
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is an ideal choice for a variety of events including gala banquets, business events, corporate meetings and private receptions. Beautifully designed and flexible meeting spaces adapt perfectly to meet any guest requirements with attractive feature.