Bishops Gate Hotel
Co. Derry, Ireland
Bishop’s Gate Hotel is perfectly positioned within the historic city walls in the heart of Derry City’s Cathedral Quarter. Built in 1899, this luxury boutique hotel blends stunning Edwardian architecture, stylish appointments and luxurious facilities which have been sensitively restored to pay homage to the rich heritage of the building, whilst exceeding the contemporary needs and desires of its guests.
Bishop’s Gate Hotel is ideally located within the historic city walls in the heart of Derry City’s Cathedral Quarter providing the perfect base to explore Derry’s iconic tourist landmarks including the historic Walls, St. Columb’s Cathedral, The Guildhall, The Tower Museum and the Peace Bridge.
Map co-ordinates: 54.994772|-7.323118
This iconic landmark is an intimate urban oasis featuring 30 luxurious bedrooms including 2 suites, a resident’s lounge, fitness area, The Gown Restaurant, The Wig Champagne and Cocktail Bar, the Northern Counties Ballroom and valet parking. Each guest room at Bishop’s Gate Hotel is a work of art – a grand statement of colour, style, comfort and luxury which combines the latest in 21st-century technology as one would expect from a hotel property of this calibre.
- The hotel has been awarded Georgina Campbell’s ‘Hideaway of the Year 2017’’.
- A shopper’s paradise, Bishop’s Gate Hotel is a stone’s throw from the city’s main shopping district.
- “Wig and Gown Champagne Bar & Restaurant” offers a superb, informal all day dining experience, in relaxed upscale surroundings.
- The guest rooms and suites are contemporary yet serene, with view across Derry's cityscape.
- The hotel is perfectly positioned in the heart of the Walled City for meetings and events ranging from a discreet business lunch to a private conference.
At A Glimpse
When staying at Bishops Gate you can expect unrivalled service - the way in which we welcome guests, attend to them during their stay and remember them when they come back is the essence of Bishop’s Gate Hotel.