Edinburgh's most exciting hotel...exudes opulent individual style that is unrivalled anywhere else in the city. Built in 1687 as the grand baroque home of Edinburgh's Lord Provost, Prestonfield is now Edinburgh's highest-rated hotel and home to the destination restaurant - Rhubarb.
Just five minutes from Edinburgh's finest shopping streets and the historic attractions of the Royal Mile adjacent to Holyrood Park, Prestonfield provides the privacy and seclusion of a country estate. Buses to the city centre are a 5-minute walk away.
Map co-ordinates: 55.936619|-3.157178
Each of our 23 luxurious bedrooms and suites is furnished in Prestonfield's trademark opulent and individual style. Expect warm, rich colours, statement antiques and tactile fabrics. They are Edinburgh's most indulgent five-star hotel rooms for a reason. Each room features a comfortable seating area, a desk, a collection of antiques and characterful beds dressed with fine linens and piled high with cushions.
- Play some golf on Prestonfield’s very own 18-hole course.
- Expect exceptional cuisine with exceptional Scottish produce: much locally sourced from small artisan suppliers. Enjoy inspirational wines come from an award-winning cellar.
- The terraces, drawing room and gardens are relaxed, beautiful places to unwind.
- Option to privately book out Prestonfield Hotel for special events such as weddings.
- Prestonfield's acclaimed cellar has won virtually every wine award going.
At A Glimpse
Opulence, theatre and luxury are combined in this unique 5 star hotel in one of Edinburgh's finest historic buildings. Just five minutes from the city centre, Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most exclusive hotel, offering the privacy and seclusion of a country estate right in the heart of Edinburgh.