Moments from Knightsbridge, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park, in a Regency London landmark akin to The National Gallery, The Lanesborough London offers beautiful rooms and suites at the heart of the capital. Re–opened in 2015 following a comprehensive and meticulous refurbishment overseen by designer Alberto Pinto, The Lanesborough London presents bedrooms and dining rooms restored to their original Georgian splendor, into which the latest communication technologies and entertainment systems have been seamlessly woven.
Guests at The Lanesborough London experience fine dining in Michelin–starred Céleste, afternoon tea, cigars and cognacs in The Garden Room, along with a wealth of in–room digital services. The only hotel in London to offer all guests 24–hour butler service, The Lanesborough also assures travelers of a serene night’s sleep, whilst remaining just a short walk from Harrods, Harvey Nichols and London’s most exclusive shopping district.
Day 2 Tour in Central London and Spitalfields Area
• 7:00am – 8:30am – Breakfast at leisure
• 9:00am – Meet your guide in the lobby and depart
• Orientation tour in central London and Spitalfields area
o No area showcases London's vibrant diversity and combination of the ancient and the modern as much as Spitalfields. From Old Spitalfields Market and curries on Brick Lane to boutique shopping, communal art and the glorious Christ Church from Nicholas Hawksmoor, it's one of London's loveliest neighbourhoods.
• 12:00pm –1:00pm Culinary experience with Celia Brooks / Borough Market Gastro Walking Tour
o As a passionate cook and food writer, Celia is committed to inspiring others in the kitchen, through her writing, demonstrations, TV appearances and food tours. Everything she does is about inspiring people to appreciate good food. Join Celia to discover the secrets and delights of London’s oldest and most renowned food market. Explore the huge range of exceptional British and international produce available and learn all the fascinating facts about the Market’s rich history
• 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch at Elliot's Café with in the Borough Market
o Inspired by the environment that is Borough Market, their menu is created using the diverse ingredients available and in season. Simple but mindful approach to cooking that allows the ingredients to dictate the menu but to be prepared in such a way as to show them at their absolute best. Food is cooked over a wood fired grill, respecting the simplicity of this method encourages them to focus on the ingredient being cooked with it and the flavours that can develop as a result.
• 2:00pm – 3:00pm – Visit to The Shard with Champagne Toast
o Experience London's highest viewing platform at the top of The Shard – Western Europe's tallest building. It's the only place to take in over 1,000 years of the capital's history all at once. With spectacular panoramic views of the city stretching for up to 40 miles, your personal tour guide will bring the city and sites below to life!
• 3:45pm – Return to hotel to relax and freshen up
• 5:00pm – Afternoon Tea with the 7th Earl of Erne at the Lanesborough Hotel
o John Crichton, The 7th Earl of Erne and Baron of Fermanagh
His home Crom Castle is a 19th century fairytale castle built circa 1840 and designed by the famous architect Blore who was responsible for parts of Buckingham Palace. It sits in 1900 acres of beautiful National Trust, one of the most important nature conservation areas in The British Isles protected parkland in an extremely romantic setting overlooking Lough Erne.
• 6:00pm depart hotel
• 7:00pm arrive Dominion Theatre
• 7:30pm –10:15pm – Theatre experience
• Overnight The Lanesborough
Day 3 Tour Wiltshire & Private Visit of Highclere Castle
• 6:30am – 7:20am – Breakfast at leisure
• 7:30am – Check out and depart The Lanesborough
• 8:15am – 9:00am – Tower of London – exclusive, private visit before opening to general public
o The Tower of London, founded by William the Conqueror in 1066-7, is one of the world’s most famous fortresses. You will be greeted by your Yeoman Warder who will entertain you with tales of intrigue, imprisonment, execution, torture and much more. The Crown Jewels are safely kept at the Martin Tower and you might have an exclusive chance to lay your eyes on them
• 10:30am – Tour Wiltshire including Marlborough, Hungerford and Avebury
o This area has been a special place for a very long time and their World Heritage Site stands testament to the ages. Stonehenge and Avebury have a magnetism that has drawn people to them for centuries. But history in Wiltshire is not just ancient. Romans, Normans and Saxons have all left their mark on our countryside and towns.
• 1:00pm – Pub lunch at The Crab & Boar
• 2:30pm – 4:00pm Private visit of Highclere Castle *Smart dress required
o On arrival at the Castle, you will be welcomed in to the Saloon for tea, coffee and homemade biscuits. The Saloon is the room at the heart of the Castle with a 75ft high glazed ceiling, a magnificent open fireplace and a gothic style minstrel gallery.
A private guide will welcome you to the Castle and provide a very special and exclusive tour of the Main State Rooms and Castle bedrooms, as featured in Downton Abbey! Your guide will have exceptional knowledge of the building, artwork and furniture with plenty of anecdotes. We will also include in the tour the Egyptian Exhibition, which tells the story and contains antiquities from the tombs that were discovered in Egypt by the 5th Earl of Carnarvon and Howard Carter.
• 5:30pm – 6:00pm – Arrive The Gainsborough Bath Spa
• 7:00pm – Pre–Dinner drinks with Richard Goodwin, Director of Sales of The Gainsborough Bath Spa
• 7:30pm – Dinner hosted by The Gainsborough Bath Spa
• Overnight The Gainsborough
Accommodation: The Gainsborough Bath Spa:
The Gainsborough Bath Spa offers the only natural thermal spa* within a hotel in the United Kingdom. Set at the geographical heart of Bath, the hotel is a contemporary expression of this vibrant, creative and artistic city, adding to its social spaces, and welcoming all. Designed by award–winning firm, Champalimaud Design, all guestrooms and suites are custom furnished, subtly combining fine period details with graceful interiors and modern functional elements. Located over two floors, the 1,300–square–meter Spa Village Bath will have direct access to celebrated thermal waters through three therapeutic pools. Designed with the Roman origins of Bath in mind, the pools are set within an atrium and flooded with natural light.
* Open for residents normally from 7–9am and 8–10pm but for us anytime from 7am–10pm.
Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit!
Day 4 Walking Tour of Bath & Cotswolds
• 7:00am – 9:00am – Breakfast at leisure and time to enjoy the Thermal Spa
o 8:30am – Optional tour of Thermae Bath Spa with rooftop pool adjacent to the hotel
• 9:30am – Depart Hotel
• Walking Tour of Bath in the morning
o Visiting the Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, Pulteney Bridge
o Than walk to Queen Square, enter Royal Victoria Park with the famous Royal Crescent on your right.
o Walk along Brock Street to The Circus, to the Assembly Rooms
o Than walk down Milsom Street, the main shopping street in Bath.
• 1:30pm – Hosted lunch at Dormy House
• Journey through the Cotswolds in the afternoon
o Chipping Campden – A chocolate box village. Visit Court Barn Museum, The Guild Gallery and the High Street with independent shops
o Broadway – visit Broadway Tower, a lovely high street and the Gordon Russell Museum
o Bourton on the Water – has many attractions and is often called the Venice of the Cotswolds because of the charming River Windrush running through it. Places to visit – Model Village or the Cotswold Perfumery
o Visit Upper and Lower Slaughter
• 7:30pm - Dinner at the Abbey Hotel, Bath hosted by VisitBath
• Overnight at Gainsborough
Day 5 Blenheim Palace & Oxford Walking Tour
• 7:00am – 8:30am Breakfast at leisure
• 8:30am – 9:00am Check out & Meet in lobby to depart
• 9:00am Depart the hotel
• Blenheim Palace visit and luncheon
o A masterpiece of Baroque architecture, Blenheim Palace provides an awe–inspiring experience for visitors. Home to the 12th Duke of Marlborough and his family and the birth place of Sir Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site boasting a long and diverse history. Explore the gilded State Rooms and priceless collections set against striking stonework, and experience the beauty and magnificence of this Grade I listed building
• 1:00pm – Oxford – walking tour
o Meet Luke, a recent graduate from Oxford University studying PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), one of the most prestigious degrees at the University and explore the world behind Oxford’s closed doors.
• 3:30pm – 4:00pm – Arrive The Grove, London's Country Estate
• 4:00pm – 6:00pm – Time to relax, freshen up and catch up with e–mails
• 6:00pm – Show around hosted by Lisa Rose, Director of Sales at The Grove
• 6:30pm – Cocktail workshop
• 7:00pm – Welcome Dinner hosted by The Grove
• Overnight at The Grove
The Grove, Queen Victoria’s country retreat, is still at the forefront of decadence and luxury after all these years. In fact, it has served as the home–away–from–home for the cast during the filming of the Harry Potter movies. The real sorcery, however, lies in transporting guests to the peace and quiet of this sprawling country estate, just eighteen miles from London. The 18th–century mansion was the seat of the Earl of Clarendon and occupies 300 acres of parkland, with an ancient Walled Garden, a private beach and beautiful bluebell groves. An ideal escape for families, the property offers an OFSTED registered kids club, Anouska’s, with an indoor swimming pool and a large playground. Adults, meanwhile, can play the championship golf course or relax at the award–winning spa Sequoia.
Day 6 Tour in Hertfordshire & Private Tour at Waddesdon Rothschild Collections
• 7:00am – 10:00am – Breakfast at leisure
• 8:00am –Enjoy leisure facilities and activities on site at The Grove
o Spa, Tennis, Biking and Walking Trails
• 11:30am – Depart The Grove for touring in Hertfordshire
• 12:30 – Pub Lunch in the area
• 5:00pm Private tour at Waddesdon Rothschild Collections National Trust
o Over a century ago, the house and setting were created to delight and surprise the small circle of Baron Ferdinand's friends. Today, visitors can appreciate the exceptional architecture, art collections and gardens. Discover the Rothschild family and the delights of the house and grounds including the art treasures and wine cellars
• 7:00pm dinner at The Five Arrows Hotel
• 10:15pm return to the hotel
• Overnight The Grove
Day 7 Depart- Heathrow Airport
• 7:00am – 8:20am – Breakfast at leisure
• 8:20am – Breakfast & Check out The Grove
• 9:30am – Arrive London Heathrow