Tswalu Kalahari private game reserve, South africa
Tswalu Kalahari is South Africa’s largest private game reserve, now protecting over 110,000 hectares of spectacular grasslands and mountains. Two properties lie at the foot of the Korannaberg mountains facing westwards across the grasslands of the Kalahari.
Tswalu is situated in the heart of the Northern Cape Province, some 300 kilometres north-west of Kimberley and 270 kilometres north-east of Upington. Johannesburg lies 560 kilometres to the east and Cape Town some 850 kilometres to the south.
Map co-ordinates: -27.201522, 22.467740
The Motse has 6 standard suites. An additional 3 family suites each accommodate 4 people in two separate bedrooms; consists of Indoor & outdoor showers, open fireplace, private sundeck overlooking a waterhole. Tarkuni, 5 suites have dedicated chef, tranquil poolside deck, private game viewing vehicle, outdoor walk-in showers, two lounges with open fireplaces, and outdoor swimming pool.
- Game Drive; go on a guided safari through the Kalahari to see zebras, giraffes, and cheetahs, as well as a wide range of antelope species and numerous other unique creatures.
- Horseback Safari; blend in with the wildlife on a guided horseback safari, during which many animals will react differently to your presence.
- Bush Walks; Slow down and get a close look at the land, observing indigenous vegetation, inspecting nests and burrows, and interacting with friendly meerkats.
- Restaurant that serves up authentic South African flavors
- Wine cellar
- Spa treatments available from private deck or in outdoor spa
- Gym with savanna view; Yoga classes available overlooking the waterhole
At A Glimpse
At any time, no more than 30 guests can be accommodated at this exclusive retreat to explore the scenic landscape, its rich wildlife and the vastness of one of the country's last significant territories. This Lodge is a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux hotel association which demands the highest standards of hospitality on an international level.