Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
Ulusaba is a family-friendly safari destination in which sits entirely within the Sabi Sand Reserve near Kruger National Park surrounded by 13,500 hectares of open bush. Ulusaba Private Game Reserve consists of rooms and suites over two lodges; Rock Lodge, including Cliff Lodge, and Safari Lodge.
Located in the western sector of Sabi Sand Reserve and close to Kruger National Park which is in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
Map co-ordinates: -24.799309, 31.353718
Rock Lodge is built high on the summit of a small hill overlooking the South African bushveld; the rooms and suites offer views over a waterhole in front of the lodge, allowing to view game from the privacy of your room. Safari Lodge has 11 rooms including private Treehouse Suite; overlooking a dry riverbed and is shaded by ancient trees. The nearby waterhole guarantees great game viewing.
- Two daily game drives at Ulusaba, one leaving early in the morning and one leaving late afternoon, each lasting around three hours.
- Safari walks with the Ranger and Tracker and get an opportunity to see smaller creatures that are often missed when guests are on the game vehicles.
- Spa-The Aroma Boma-for a relaxing treatment, from facial rituals to massage to essential grooming.
- Guests can enjoy a star gazing evening as part of their game viewing experience at the observatory in the Bush.
- The wine cellar overlooks the waterhole and dry riverbed which attract all kinds of game; offered tailored wine tasting and have some local wines.
- Gym-equipped with a running machine, bike, multifunctional weight station and free weights
At A Glimpse
Ulusaba was voted as the number 1 resort in Africa in the Conde Nast Travel Reader's Choice Awards in 2016 and was ranked as the third best resort in the world. Here on the edge of the vast Kruger National Park, guests can track the Big Five in open vehicles.