The Balmoral Hotel
For over a century, The Balmoral has found a home at Edinburgh’s most prestigious address, No. 1 Princes Street. A landmark in the centre of the city, the historic building’s grand clock still dominates the skyline, while its enviable location, views, hospitality and five-star facilities provide the perfect retreat. The Balmoral began life as a grand railway hotel and continues to respect the traditions set by its founders, right down to the kilted doormen.
Located at Number One Princes Street, on the city's main shopping thoroughfare, the five-star Balmoral is only a short walk from Edinburgh Castle, our nation's monuments, museums and galleries and the new Scottish Parliament.
Map co-ordinates: 55.953150619726514|-3.1895306968689283
The Balmoral boasts 188 guest rooms, including 20 of the most attractive suites in Europe, many of which have working fireplaces. The bedrooms have an authentic character borrowed from the original design themes of the hotel. All rooms are individually designed, offering wonderful views over the city – some overlook Edinburgh castle whilst others overlook the rolling hills which are close by.
- Dine at their very own award winning Michelin-star-rated restaurant.
- Palm Court offers award-winning Afternoon Tea and Scotch whisky bar offers the finest selection of Scottish whiskies.
- Centrally located in the heart of Edinburgh City.
- The Balmoral Spa was recently voted Scotland’s top Urban Day Spa by readers of Conde Nast Traveller.
- The Balmoral boasts a 15 metre swimming pool, a fully-equipped gym for both aerobic exercise and weight training, a steam room, sauna and relaxation suite, as well as a wide array of beauty therapy treatments.
At A Glimpse
The Balmoral may just be the city’s premier address — it’s a luxury hotel that certainly pampers its fortunate guests. Many of the opulent suites and guestrooms have specular views looking out on Edinburgh Castle, Old Town and Arthur’s Seat. The Balmoral offers the high levels of service delivery necessary to ensure that the utmost guest satisfaction is achieved.